Broadlands is a premier master-planned community and a certified Community Wildlife Habitat set amidst scenic wetlands. Developed by Van Metre Homes in the 1990s, the community encompasses 1,500 acres in eastern Loudoun County with plans for over 3,800 residences.
The community is situated at the halfway point between the county seat, Leesburg, and the Dulles International Airport, just off the Dulles Greenway at the Claiborne Parkway. Its central location brings residents close to the AOL headquarters and other major employers.
Broadlands is home to over 14,000 residents as of 2020. It became a homeowner-controlled community in 2009 with an active homeowners association (HOA) that works hard to preserve the character of the community and maintain a high standard of living for all residents.
What You'll Love About Broadlands
- First-rate amenities: Residents have access to clean and well-maintained open spaces such as Hillside Park and Oak Tree Grove along with playgrounds and a nature boardwalk. There are also several pools in and around the community, including the Broadlands Community Swimming Pool.
Breathtaking scenery: The community blends seamlessly into the lush terrain of Stream Valley Park, which offers over 150 acres of green space with wooded trails, wetlands, and nature preserves. It's a popular bird watching spot with wild geese, great blue heron, woodcocks, and other species.
The Broadlands Nature Center is a 5,000-square foot, lodge-style complex that offers fascinating exhibits and educational programs for visitors of all ages. The center is home to several birds, turtles, reptiles, and amphibians in a simulated natural environment.
Other highlights include a lobby with a sparkling fountain, stone benches, and rocking chairs as well as a natural outdoor area with a porch swing, trellises, and flowering plants. Guests will also find a small playground and basketball and tennis courts on the grounds.
Excellent shopping and dining: Broadlands Village Center offers 35 speciality stores, salons, banks, fitness studios, and restaurants serving Mexican, Italian, Indian, Japanese, and Vietnamese cuisine. This neighborhood shopping center is anchored by Aldi, Virginia ABC Store, Chase Bank, and Dollar Tree.
Broadlands Marketplace is a 121,945-square foot retail center anchored by Walgreens, Bank of America, and Virginia Tire & Auto along with several casual dining restaurants serving pizza and coffee.
- Fun community events and activities: Broadlands hosts a wide range of community events, activities, and seasonal celebrations throughout the year. Many residents take part in post-certification activities that help preserve the natural environment.
- Reputable schools: The community is served by Loudoun County Public Schools, a reputable public school district. There are several schools in and around Broadlands, including Hillside Elementary, Mill Run Elementary, and Eagle Ridge Middle School. Many of the older kids in the community attend nearby Briar Woods High School.
Real Estate In Broadlands
Broadlands offers an excellent selection of single-family homes, townhomes, condos, and apartments in the following developments:
- Demott & Silver is known for low-maintenance townhomes and townhome-style condominiums within close proximity to the Metro Silver Line. It also provides access to Broadland amenities, including a spacious clubhouse, fitness center, and several pools and tennis courts.
- Hillside at Broadlands is a single-family home development with home prices starting at the $900s. These homes offer plenty of living space with upscale finishes, custom cabinetry, and two-car garages.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
There's no result found.