Neighborhood South Lakes
Located in the southern portion of Reston, South Lakes is a residential area centered around the South Lakes Village Center. Although it has no official boundaries, the general area is bordered by the Reston Parkway to the east, South Lakes Drive to the north, Soapstone Drive to the west, and Sunrise Valley Drive to the south.
Living in South Lakes offers access to some of the finest attractions in Reston, including Lake Thoreau, Reston Town Center, and Reston Community Center. The area is served by the Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS), one of the largest school divisions in the United States with 198 PK-12 schools and learning centers.
What You'll Love About South Lakes
- Diverse retail and dining options: The South Lakes Village Center is a 109,527-square foot commercial hub with a newly renovated plaza and a variety of major retailers, coffee shops, and restaurants serving Italian, Mediterranean, Sichuan, Tex-Mex and New England cuisine. The shopping center is anchored by CVS and Safeway while its outdoor plaza features an amphitheater, picnic area, and views of Lake Thoreau.
- Fun events and festivals: In addition to shopping and dining, the South Lakes Village Center also hosts family-friendly events throughout the year. These include live musical performances, community events, martial arts classes, and seasonal celebrations.
- Outdoor recreation: South Lakes Drive Park features a bike rack, walking trails, athletic fields, and ample parking while South Lakes Village Park features an athletic field and book locker containing free and gently used books.
- Glade Stream Valley Park features a glistening stream, playground, picnic area, and scenic hiking and biking trails while the Polo Fields Recreation Area has a fountain, playground, picnic area, and athletic fields. Both parks are located south of the South Lakes area. The Lake Thoreau park area is located east of South Lakes and provides hiking, boating, kayaking, and fishing opportunities.
- A strong reading culture: The Reston Regional Library has a 500,000-strong collection of books, newspapers, magazines, CDs, DVDs, and other materials in different languages. It features a separate children's wing as well as public computers with wifi and study and meeting spaces that can be rented for gatherings. The library also hosts book sales and a variety of educational and cultural programs for all ages.
- Quality schools: South Lakes High School is a reputable school and Gilder-Lehrman Institute of American History Affiliate with a diverse student population and well-rounded curriculum that covers academics and extracurricular activities It also offers a host of amenities, including a running track, wooded nature trail, and athletic fields. Some of the residents in South Lakes also attend Terraset Elementary School and Langston Hughes Middle School.
Real Estate In South Lakes
South Lakes offers a great selection of townhomes and single-family homes. Many of the townhomes in the area were built between the 1980s and 1990s. These townhomes typically have two to three levels and Modern and Traditional-style architecture.
The single-family properties in the area are either single-level or split-level homes. Prevalent architectural styles include Ranch, Contemporary, and Colonial Revival. Some of the most desirable properties in South Lakes include lakefront townhomes at Cabots Point, which borders Lake Audubon.
South Lakes Listings
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
There's no result found.