Cascades is a master-planned community offering gorgeous homes and first-rate amenities. Located north of Route 7 in the town of Sterling (also known as Dulles), it encompasses 2,500 acres along the scenic Potomac River. It is one of three communities that make up the Potomac Falls Area along with Lowes Island and neighboring Countryside.
More than 12,500 residents call this place home. Cascades offers main street-style shopping and outdoor recreation amidst picturesque surroundings. The community is also highly accessible as it is located within proximity to the Dulles Corridor Metro and is served by the Loudoun County Commuter Bus.
The Cascades Community Association was named by the Washington Metropolitan Chapter Community Associations Institute (WMCCAI) as Humanitarian of the Year for 2011. It is also the winner of the 2002 Best Large Association Award in addition to the Finest for Family Living Award for two consecutive years in the early 1990s.
What You'll Love About Cascades
- Scenic hiking trails: The community provides access to some of the finest trails in Northern Virginia, including the Cascades National Recreation Trail, a 4-mile round-trip trail that leads to the waterfall of the same name within George Washington & Jefferson National Forests. The trail is mostly flat and is suitable for hikers of nearly all skill levels.
- Natural beauty: Cascade Falls is a spectacular 66-foot tall waterfall fed by natural spring water. Visited by over 150,000 hikers each year, the falls features a crystalline swimming hole at the base and is considered one of the most beautiful in Northern Virginia. Other highlights include a trout stream, picnic area, and ample parking.
- Fantastic outdoor recreation: Algonkian Regional Park offers 838 acres of open space and natural wooded areas for hiking, cycling, and other outdoor activities. Amenities include the Algonkian Golf Course, Volcano Island Waterpark, The Woodlands Events Facility, a boat ramp, and boat and RV storage. The park also features picnic shelters, riverfront cottages, and meeting facilities.
- First-rate amenities: Residents enjoy exclusive access to a wide range of amenities, including a bocce court, a soccer field, five community centers, five swimming pools, 15 tennis courts, 10 multipurpose courts, and 25 tot lots for outdoor activities closer to home.
Exceptional shopping and dining: Cascades Marketplace is a pedestrian-friendly mixed-use development anchored by Giant and Onelife Fitness. It features more than 30,000 square feet of neighborhood retail space and plans for an estimated 450 residential units upon completion.
Cascades Overlook Town Center has several stores, salons, banks, clinics, fitness studios, and restaurants serving Indian, Italian, Mediterranean, Korean, and Hawaiian dishes while Cascades Plaza is a small retail strip with a convenience store, barber shop, and casual dining restaurants.
- Amazing schools and learning centers: There are several schools and learning resource centers in and around the Cascades area, including Classroom of Discovery, Algonkian Elementary School, Dominion High School, and Cascades Library.
Real Estate In Cascades
Cascades offers more than 6,500 homes, many of which are townhomes with Contemporary and Colonial Revival architecture. Lowes Island is an exclusive residential area within Cascades. Also known as Lowes Island at Cascades, the area offers a fine selection of townhomes with lofty ceilings, quartz countertops, stainless steel appliances, and exquisite brick exteriors.