The Mosaic District offers sophisticated urban living and the ultimate live-play-work environment. This vibrant mixed-use development opened in 2012 and offers 31 acres of prime retail, hospitality, residential, and office space. With pedestrian-friendly streets and well-maintained parks, it's a wonderful place to set down roots without missing any of the action.
The development is located in Merrifield, a census-designated place in Fairfax County and a suburb of Washington, D.C. The community encompasses 2.7 square miles next to I-66 and I-495. Home to 22,072 residents as of 2023, it is one of the most desirable places to live in Northern Virginia with gorgeous homes, shops, restaurants, and recreational facilities.
Located about 12 miles from the nation's capital, Merrifield has been revitalized over the last 10 years. Once an up-and-coming community, it is now one of the trendiest areas in Fairfax County due to the growth of the Mosaic District with continuous investments in public roads, parking space, and other infrastructure by the Community Development Authority (CDA).
What You'll Love About Mosaic
Vibrant shopping and dining: The Mosaic District serves as Merrifield's commercial center and gathering hub with more than 500,000 square feet of retail space at ground level. It is anchored by a 110,000-square foot Target along with major retailers such as Anthropologie, Bluemercury, Mom's Organic Market, Sephora, and West Elm.
It also features a wide range of casual dining options serving Japanese, Brazilian, Italian, Mexican, Tex-Mex, and New American cuisine. From sumptuous buffets and eat-all-you-can restaurants, to fast food joints serving quick bits, there's something for everyone at the Mosaic District.
The Freshfarm Farmers Market is a year-round market that carries an assortment of fresh fruit, non-GMO greens, gluten-free baked goods, specialty coffee, artisanal sauces, and Lebanese and Mexican food.
- Urban green spaces: Strawberry Park features stone benches, and adirondack chairs just steps from fantastic restaurants and coffee shops. Mosaic Dog Park has a fenced area where dogs can roam off-leash. It also has benches and a colorful dog mural.
- World-class entertainment: Angelika Film Center & Cafe at Mosaic is a state-of-the-art boutique theater that presents indie films, specialty movies, and the latest box office hits. It ensures the highest quality experience with velour seats and advanced digital projection and sound technology.
- Green and sustainable living: The Mosaic District is one of 239 pilot projects under the LEED Neighborhood Development Program. The community has LEED Silver certification and a LEED-ND rating from the United States Green Building Council (USGBC). It features a 20,000-square foot green roof, advanced stormwater management infrastructure, and several electric car charging stations. Its layout and design encourages alternative forms of transportation such as walking and cycling.
- Innovative working spaces: Mosaic Niche offers meeting and co-working spaces with high-speed wifi and easy access to charging stations and power outlets. Workers can reserve single-person or group tables for training, presentations, and remote work.
- Accessibility: The Merrifield Commercial Revitalization Area (CRA) is located between the Capital Beltway, Dunn Loring-Merrifield Metro station, and I-66. The Mosaic District also provides access to other commercial developments such as the Merrifield Town Center and Merrifield Garden Center.
Real Estate In Mosaic
The Mosaic District offers 1,004 multifamily units and 112 townhomes in addition to 148 hotel rooms and 72,750 square feet of Class-A offices. All residential units in the community have modern layouts and energy-efficient amenities. Notable housing developments within the community include Avalon Mosaic, which features luxury apartments and lofts, and Townhomes at Mosaic District, which offers contemporary townhomes with private rooftop terraces.